I don't know about you, but every day, I look for ways to show my husband that I love him. I am so grateful for the blessing that God has given me in my husband. Over the last 13 years of marriage, we have both committed to showing love to one another through our actions. Here is a list of 10 ideas to show your husband you love him that will hopefully spark some new ideas in your own marriage!
1. Make it a point to enjoy his favorite hobby. My husband really loves baking. And I love that he loves baking. So whenever possible, I make sure to give him my full attention and join him at his side during some of his intense and long baking sessions. It means the world to him when I set everything else aside to enjoy this with him. (And I love the end result!)
2. Make him his favorite treat. My husband has a real sweet tooth. Because he is health conscious he does not eat sweets too often, but every now and then I will whip up his favorite cookies for him to enjoy. He loves this.
3. Pray for him. Even during the times that my husband spent overseas on his 5 separate year long combat deployments, he told me that knowing that I was praying for him spoke volumes about my love for him.
4. Plan a romantic night at home. For those of us with small children, it can be difficult to get away from home to have alone time with your husband. For us, living in Germany, and being military have presented a lot of roadblocks in this area. So we have made sure to have romantic nights at home after the children are fast asleep.
5. Give him a nice massage. My husband is a hard working man and I love to give him massages using essential oils. He loves getting this attention and enjoys the benefits that he gets from the essential oils as well.
6. Hold his hand. For my husband, this is huge. It makes him feel loved when I reach for his hand. I can see the love in his eyes and I love making him feel this way.
7. Sing him a song. Even though I happen to be a singer/songwriter, even if I were not, I would still do this. My husband sings to me (and he is not a singer) and I absolutely love it.
8. Detail his vehicle (or pay someone else to do it). I have surprised my husband on several occasions by detailing his vehicle. I love to clean, and love to have things clean, so this ends up being a blessing for both him and I.
9. Cook his favorite meal(s). My husband loves it when I cook his favorite meal(s). He just happens to think that I am one of the best cooks (ever) and I enjoy serving him in this way.
10. Compliment him. My husband still blushes when I tell him he is handsome. I love to compliment him and verbally tell him how amazing he is as often as possible, and loves it too.
Looking for more marriage encouragement? Come check out our marriage ministry at Fulfilling Your Vows™.
What is your favorite way to show your husband you love him?
Carlie @ Today's Frugal Mom™
Share this post: