The BEST (seriously) Apple Pie Recipe (sheet pan apple pie for a crowd)
Apple pie is one of those desserts that is typically a crowd pleaser, but is always best when made from scratch! I am excited to share with you one of my very favorite ways to make apple pie. Once you taste this, you won’t want to make it any other way! The flavor of the filling is SO amazing and the crust is the perfect compliment with every bite. Seriously, you will LOVE this.
After mixing together the ingredients for the crust - SO simple- you form it into a ball and press it out on a large sheet pan.
Grab a bag of apples - Gala or Fuji are my favorite! - and peel away!
Once the apples are sliced, you add a simple mixture and toss - the lemon juice is my favorite addition!
After spreading out the apple mixture on the sheet pan, it is time to mix up the topping - just brown sugar, butter and flour!- and sprinkle over filling.
Bake in the oven for about an hour and you will have the most delicious apple pie you have ever had. Seriously! Also, this recipe is perfect for a get together! I have made this for a party of 10 people and had plenty of leftovers. Serve with some vanilla ice cream and you will have the perfect dessert! The entire detailed recipe is below. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
The Most Amazing Apple Pie Recipe (sheet pan apple pie for a crowd)
- 2 1/4 cups of flour (divided)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shortening
- 8-9 apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter cubed
- Crust - In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup of flour and water until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine remaining flour and shortening. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water/flour mixture and combine until dough forms a ball.
- Press dough on to and up the sides of an un-greased 15X10X1 pan.
- Filling - Combine and spread over crust.
- Topping - Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until apples are tender.
- *turn oven off and let pie set if topping is getting too brown so apples can get tender
Share this post: