The Best Washing Machine and Dryer for My Family
Yesterday I shared my laundry room makeover with you and promised to give you an in-depth look into my washer and dryer that I absolutely love! Now anyone who knows me knows that when I really like something (and ONLY if I really love it), I can't wait to tell others about it. So of course I have to share this washer and dryer with you.
This sign below pretty much sums up my life with four kids at home :). I was pretty excited to find it on clearance at Target for only $4.00! It fits perfectly on the wall above my laundry tub.
As I mentioned yesterday we moved at the end of August and I knew that I would need a washer and dryer because they weren't included. I have seen the commercials featuring the LG TWINWash System so I was pretty pumped to have the opportunity to try them out myself.
I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when I received the washer and dryer.
First of all, the washer actually has a second pedestal washer called LG Sidekick. I loved the idea of it, but once it arrived I just wasn't sure I would use this small "extra" washer and at first I didn't. But within about two weeks I couldn't stop using it! Every time I am loading the washer I throw the few items that I can't dry or need to be washed on super delicate into the Sidekick. It is pretty amazing to be able to wash them at the same time as the larger load above.
Secondly, the setup was pretty intense. Thankfully my dad was able to hook up the multiple hoses that it required to get the washer and dryer installed. It all worked out fine but at first I was a little nervous that it would be too much. I would definitely recommend having the company you purchase them from install them for you.
Those were really my only reservations when this set first arrived, but I soon forgot about the hoses when I started using the system.
I really can't say enough good things about this washer and dryer.
I actually WANT to do the laundry! The washer and the dryer both have a huge capacity which has cut back significantly on the time it was taking me to do multiple loads of laundry with four children in the house. I also implemented a schedule that helps the kids stay on track now that they are old enough to contribute to the laundry duties (and actually do it well :)).
The LG Sidekick has really been the highlight for me. The ability to separately wash my tops and leggings has already saved me money. I always found myself accidentally throwing clothes in the dryer that shouldn't be dried but now that I separate them right from the start that doesn't happen. I'm not ruining my clothes! Yes! It is also great to use for delicates and workout gear. My son's white golf shorts would most certainly be pink, blue or some other color if I hadn't had the Sidekick to throw them into every time instead of mixing them in with all the other clothes.
The great thing about the Sidekick is even though it is new, it is compatible with any LG front load washer made since 2009! So if you already have an LG Front Load Washer the SideKick is a great addition!
There are so many options for washing and drying, I couldn't possibly list them all. I know I have only skimmed the surface of all this system can do. So far I love the Towels feature and the Speed Dry feature. Speaking of drying....oh FINALLY I don't have to dry my load of laundry at least two times for it to dry. I can dry large loads on the sensing setting and they are dry within about 55 minutes or if I am in a hurry I could dry that very same large load on Speed Dry for 25 minutes and it is completely dry!
This LG TWINWash System is the perfect fit for our family and I couldn't be more thrilled (and thankful to LG).
Here is what LG has to say about their TWINWash system:
The LG TWINWash™ system, makes it easy to divide and conquer your laundry by giving you the power to wash two loads of laundry on two different wash cycles – at the same time. Featuring a large top washer and a smaller pedestal washer, the LG SideKick™, TWINWash delivers incredible performance and a wide range of features, such as:
• TurboWash®: With the TurboWash cycle in the top washer, you can save up to 30 minutes per load – and still get outstanding cleaning performance. By using twin spray nozzles to spray a concentrated detergent solution directly onto clothes, this cycle, available in the top washer, gives you faster cleaning power. And with the atomizing rinse, you'll get effective, faster rinsing – for a faster clean you can count on.
• Steam™ Technology: Giving you an even deeper clean, the top washer features Steam Technology that allows steam to gently penetrate fabrics, which can help remove allergens and odors, and keep your laundry virtually wrinkle free.
• Direct Drive Motors: Both twin washing machines boast Direct Drive motors, which use fewer moving parts and allows them to operate more efficiently. LG Direct Drive motors are backed with a 10-year limited warranty for added peace of mind.
• Dual-Functioning Pedestal: The LG SidekickTM not only allows you to raise your large washer to a comfortable height, but it works as a fully functioning small-capacity washer. By allowing you to do two loads of laundry at once, it can help you save time and focus on the things that matter most.
• Six SideKick Cycles: Complementing the powerful wash cycles of the larger, main washer, the SideKick gives you six unique cycles – each with a specially designed combination of wash motions, water temperatures, rinse cycles and spin speeds. This way, you'll get incredible results no matter which washer you're using.
Revolutionize your laundry room with the LG TWINWash Bundle. Featuring two powerful washers, TWINWash gives you the ability to do two loads of laundry at once, using two different wash cycles. This way, you can clean your comforter and your delicates at the same time, or wash your towels and sheets in one washer while laundering your workout wear in the other. To find the right washing machine for your home, explore our full range of laundry appliances – and get the perfect washer for your space, and your family.
Now I know you may not be in the market for a new washer and dryer right now like I was, but trust me when I say to put this info in your back pocket. This set is definitely worth the consideration when it is time.
This post is in partnership with LG. I was given the LG TWINWash system for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
The cost of LG TWINWash varies depending on what capacity you are looking for and the price is comparable to other front loader systems with pedestals.
LG is currently hosting a SideKick promotion. From today (11/3) until November 30th, if you buy a 4-piece laundry bundle (LG front-load washer, companion dryer, washer LG SideKick pedestal washer and dryer storage pedestal), LG will cover the cost of the LG SideKick pedestal washer upgrade at no added cost. Check out the site for more info: lgpedtacularoffer.com
Share this post: