I have never picked a word of the year like many of my bloggy friends. It just never occurred to me. This year I have a feeling that is going to change. I keep getting a one word message from God. This has been going on for about two weeks so I think I should take the hint and adopt this word as my word of the year. Intentional
and the definition by Merriam Webster...done by intention or design
intention.......a determination to act in a certain way
photo courtesy of Chris Yarzab on flicker
And this word doesn't relate to one certain area of my life but all areas of my life including...
- Intentional about the food I put in my body
- Intentional about the words I say to my husband and kids
- Intentional about the way we teach our children
- Intentional about worshiping God
- Intentional about cleaning my house
- Intentional about being a homemaker
- Intentional about the meals I make for my kids
- Intentional about the words I read and listen to
- Intentional about what I let my children watch on screens like tv, computers, and ipods
- Intentional about taking care of others
- Intentional about taking care of me
- Intentional about relationships with others
Intentional about ...
so many more things in my life and as I hear them I am writing them down.
And now to figure out how to be intentional in all these areas. I am starting a list of ways I can be intentional. I can tell lists are going to be my friend this year!
Are you being intentional?
I would love to know what you did to help you be intentional in any area of your life.
12For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 AMP
Share this post: