Ruth is the wife of a pastor, who is her best friend and the love of her life. She is a blessed homeschooling mother to her four beautiful children, and she eagerly awaits meeting her five others in heaven. Ruth is a graduate of Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. She has a passion for following God, leading worship, rescuing orphans, and inspiring others to create a God honoring family.
She thoroughly enjoys warm spring breezes, blooming lilacs, tall skim mochas with whipped cream, root-lifter, eye cream, gel polish, laughing (lots of it), venti iced teas, exclamation points!!, family worship time, and snuggling up to read a good book with her family.
She is the creator of The Better Mom and she tweets at thebettermom. You can also find Ruth at RooMag by Candace Cameron Bure, where she is the Senior Co-Editor, and writing monthly for MomHeart.org with Sally Clarkson and friends.
These are my four sweet kiddos! .
Ummm…yeah you never know what you will find when the 2yr old’s naptime is over . lol! Hello 80′s hair! Oh I love this girl! She is full of life and so much fun!
I am so thankful for this boy! The 9 yr old big brother who sets such a great example for his sisters and brother. He loves anything athletic, anything music, and anything learning… great combo!
The 5 yr old and the sweetest thing! You will always find a gentle spirit and a loving heart from him. Getting him to sit still is a challenge because he is in a constant game of football or kung fu fighting in his head! Love love love this boy!
Just like her name means, she is beautiful. 7 years old and she loves everything girly. She is the one who is always thinking about what she can do to surprise or give to someone else. Love her!
Okay.. A little more info…
10 Fun Facts About Me:
1. I graduated from the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago.(*ahem…the best college on the planet )
2. I love the city, I love the suburbs, AND I love the country. This creates somewhat of a dilemma, which I am still trying to figure out.
3. Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom.
4. I get excited about pretty much anything, that has even a small chance of getting excited about.
5. I have been singing since I was a wee little child, and my passion is leading worship. I especially love leading with my dear friend Kathleen Reynolds Miller.
6. I love football! Well watching it that is. Football season is my favorite time of year! My two favorite teams are The University of Michigan and The Ohio State University. This also creates somewhat of a dilemma, which I am still trying to figure out.
7. I consider myself the luckiest woman in the world to be married to a man who is not only a hunk, but who loves God and His word with all that he has, and is passionate about living it out.
8. I love old houses.
9. John 3:30 is my life verse. He must become greater, I must become less.
10. I love staying up really late, but I also love the feeling of getting up really early (with a cup of coffee of course). This also creates somewhat of a dilemma, which I am still trying to figure out.