I am a mom. But I am not content to just be a mom. I want to be a better mom. This is the heartbeat and passion behind The Better Mom website launched August 1st, 2011! It is a place where all moms are welcome. It is a place where all moms are challenged. It is a place for you!
After spending much time feeling frazzled, trying to learn to do everything the best I could by myself, God reminded me that all of us fall short and no one is perfect (not even us crazy multi-tasking moms)! But we can learn from one another and we can get better.
I started to learn everything I could from many different sites and moms. This is where my idea was born. What if there was just one site to address the many topics and issues that we face as moms?! Moms of girls, moms of boys, homeschooling moms, working moms, moms who cook, moms who clean and organize, moms to be, new moms, struggling moms, and great moms all striving to be better moms together! Praise God that we can learn from one another and spur one another on! I pray that God will use The Better Mom to inspire moms all over the world to not just be moms, but to be better moms.
A bit of my story: Ruth is the wife of a pastor, who is her best friend and the love of her life. She is a blessed mother to her four beautiful children, and she eagerly awaits meeting her five others in heaven. Ruth is a graduate of Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. She has a passion for following God, leading worship, rescuing orphans, and inspiring others to create a God honoring family.
She thoroughly enjoys warm spring breezes, blooming lilacs, tall skim mochas with whipped cream, root-lifter, eye cream, gel polish, laughing (lots of it), venti iced teas, exclamation points!!, family worship time, and snuggling up to read a good book with her family.
The love of my life….
Okay…. now for a little more fun info…
10 Fun Facts About Me:
1. I graduated from the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago.(*ahem…the best college on the planet )
2. I love the city, I love the suburbs, AND I love the country. This creates somewhat of a dilemma, which I am still trying to figure out.
3. Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom.
4. I get excited about pretty much anything, that has even a small chance of getting excited about.
5. I have been singing since I was a wee little child, and my passion is leading worship. I especially love leading with my dear friend Kathleen Reynolds Miller.
6. I love football! Well watching it that is. Football season is my favorite time of year! My two favorite teams are The University of Michigan and The Ohio State University. This also creates somewhat of a dilemma, which I am still trying to figure out.
7. I consider myself the luckiest woman in the world to be married to a man who is not only a hunk, but who loves God and His word with all that he has, and is passionate about living it out.
8. I love old houses.
9. John 3:30 is my life verse. He must become greater, I must become less.
10. I love staying up really late, but I also love the feeling of getting up really early (with a cup of coffee of course). This also creates somewhat of a dilemma, which I am still trying to figure out.
Thank you for joining me friend! I am so thrilled you are a part of this community!