Making the Most of the Rest of Summer!
If you are anything like me, you blink and the summer is over. All those goals you had for a summer with your kids have long since been passed over and you are looking back with regret.
This is your warning, HEADS UP, the summer is half over.
The good news is, it's not too late!
You can turn this ship around and choose to make the most of your next six weeks.
Here is how:
- Lay out a calendar or planner and evaluate what the most important thing is that you accomplish in the next month to six weeks.
- Evaluate your relationships with your husband and kids. Who do you feel most distant from? Plan a day or few days, just the two of you, for connecting.
- Did you have a curriculum you needed to finish by the end of the summer? Count how many lessons or pages are left and divide them up among the days that are left. Set a new goal for completion and hold you kids (or yourself) accountable.
- Did you accidentally make promises to your kids this summer that has not been fulfilled? I say accidentally because I learned early on NEVER to make promises. But if you did, do everything in your power to fulfill it. We do NOT want to be parents who don't keep our word.
- Did that vacation or family time happen? Re-check the calendar, plan a quick two-day trip if needed.
- How are your kid's spirits? Are they mopping around the house bored, wasting their summer away unproductively? Read this post and watch this video for encouragement in teaching your children what their purpose in life is RIGHT NOW in the season of life they are in. It could CHANGE the trajectory of mindset and attitude.
- Evaluate Your Spiritual Growth Goals? Did you make spiritual growth goals for yourself and your kids this summer? Time to re-evaluate.
There is still time to engage your kids this summer. Let's live on purpose and model for our kids what a purposeful mom does during the summer. Amen?
Angie Tolpin, The Courageous Mom
Share this post: