8 Great Books For A Women's Bible Study
I’ve probably been in a dozen or more various women’s Bible studies since college. And every time, at the start, the EXACT SAME QUESTION.
What book should we do?
I’ve been thinking it would be helpful to put together a list of suggestions! This list is by no means exhaustive. Please share suggestions in the comments! Some are better suited for mothers, some for all women, so keep that in mind as you envision your group.
Here are eight excellent choices:
- Calm My Anxious Heart, Linda Dillow ~ I've done it half a dozen times, quite a few before becoming a mom. Love it so much.
- Desperate, Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson ~ This is terrific for young moms "in the trenches."
- Mission of Motherhood, Sally Clarkson ~ This was life-changing for me.
- Walking With God in the Season of Motherhood, Melissa Kruger ~ One of my absolute favorites!! Deeply rooted in Scripture.
- Hoodwinked: Ten Myths Moms Believe and Why We All Need To Knock It Off, Ruth Schwenk and Karen Patterson ~ Love these Better Mom gals! This spot-on, relevant book also has a terrific accompanying DVD Curriculum and study guide.
- Loving the Little Years, Rachel Jankovic - I love this book so much. Rachel is wise beyond her years.
- Own Your Life, Sally Clarkson ~ Very good for women in many life stages.
- One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp ~ Again applicable for women in all life stages. Powerful!
If you don't have a mom's Bible study running but would like to start one, have courage! You may be surprised how many other women are longing for the same things you are. Don't be afraid to invite women who don't know each other - you may develop terrific friendships. And ps. Always serve a little treat. It's just a nice touch. :)
Have you participated in a women's Bible study that was especially meaningful? What book did you study?
Share this post: