Rediscover the joy of baking everyday favorites your whole family will love!
As the whole food meal plan contributor here at The Better Mom, I share bi-weekly meal plans full of delicious, family-friendly recipes. My heart in creating these free meal plans is to help families eat healthier while saving time, money and stress.
Of course, this can be especially challenging if you, or your family member(s) have food intolerances like sensitivities to gluten or dairy – or if you’re simply striving to eat a healthier, lower carbohydrate diet.
That’s why I’m excited to announce my first published cookbook – Everyday Grain-Free Baking! Plus, share a delicious, easy-to-make recipe from the book – Favorite Fruit Muffins.
This delightful recipe is just one of more than 100 irresistible gluten-free, dairy-free recipes in Everyday Grain-Free Baking! From breads, biscuits and muffins to savory snacks and decadent treats, you’ll find step-by-step instructions, beautiful color photographs and helpful tips & tidbits to make all of your GF baking adventures a delicious success! Click here to get a SNEAK PEEK of the book!
My heart in creating Everyday Grain-Free Baking was to transform the everyday comfort foods we hold dear into delightfully flavorful and satisfying GF versions that are so remarkably similar to traditional gluten-based foods that everyone will enjoy these recipes, whether or not they’re living a GF lifestyle.
In fact, I’ve made it my mission to develop recipes that really do taste like the real deal, because I know SO MANY of us struggle with the same challenge – trying to make tasty healthy foods that the whole family can enjoy without having to become a short-order cook!
Discovering recipes that will work for everyone – that actually taste AMAZING – is what Everyday Grain-Free Baking is all about!
Looking for more delicious and healthy breakfast recipes? Be sure to check out our "Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes Round Up."
See for yourself how delicious gluten-free, grain-free baking can be … this simply scrumptious recipe is one of my family’s favorites and I hope it will soon become one of yours too! Enjoy!
Favorite Fruit Muffins
Recipe reprinted with permission from Everyday Grain-Free Baking
Yield: 8 muffins (gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free option)
2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
2 tsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup plain whole milk (or coconut milk) yogurt
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 315°F. Place 8 paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the blanched almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, honey, lemon juice and vanilla until well blended.
4. Using a spoon, slowly stir in the almond flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Then fold in the blueberries and evenly distribute the batter among the 8 muffin cups.
5. Bake for approximately 22–25 minutes, until edges begin to turn a golden brown and a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Blessings, Kelly at The Nourishing Home
Share this post: