Introducing Our New Bi-Weekly Meal Plan !

New Meal Plan

A New Year – A New Meal Plan! Now it’s even easier to download the meal plan and access the recipes. Plus sign up to receive a weekly shopping list and prep day chart at The Nourishing Home. Read on for details …

Wishing you a Happy New Year! And a happy new year of meal planning too! I’m excited to share an all-new meal plan format that makes it easier than ever to click-over to the recipes featured.

As you’ll discover, our new meal plan graphic opens into a convenient pdf that includes hyperlinks to each of the recipes. Once opened, you can easily save this menu to your desktop for easy access anytime you need it. Then, simply click on the links within the meal planning pdf to gain instant access to the recipes featured. (I don’t mean to boast, but I think this new format ROCKS! What about you?)

But wait, there’s more … no, you won’t be getting a set of Ginsu knives … but you will be able to download two helpful new additions, if you opt in as a subscriber to The Nourishing Home.

As a subscriber to The Nourishing Home, you’ll receive a …
New Weekly Shopping List outlining all of the ingredients needed to make each dinner featured; as well as an awesome new
• Prep Day Chart featuring helpful tips and recommendations for prep-ahead tasks that make putting meals together a snap during busy weeknights.

Please note: When you confirm your subscription to The Nourishing Home, you will receive an email within 1-2 hours titled “Thank You Gifts For Subscribing.” This email contains details for downloading the new shopping list and prep day chart. (Check your spam, as it may be there.) If you’re already a subscriber to The Nourishing Home, you will be able to download these exciting new meal planning extras via my weekly email newsletter, which was sent on January 4. (Check your spam, as it may be there. Those spam filters can get a little overzealous at times!)

Introducing Our New Bi-Weekly Meal Plan

Bi-Weekly Whole Food Meal Plan for January 6–12:

(To print the meal plan provided below, simply click on the graphic or click here and it will open a pdf into a new window for easier saving and printing. Remember, once you download the pdf, simply click on the links to gain instant access to the recipes featured.)
Bi-Weekly Whole Food Meal Plan for January 6–12

Bi-Weekly Whole Food Meal Plan for January 13–19:
(To print the meal plan provided below, simply click on the graphic or click here  and it will open a pdf into a new window for easier saving and printing. Remember, once you download the pdf, simply click on the links to gain instant access to the recipes featured.)
Bi-Weekly Whole Food Meal Plan for January 13–19
In addition to the two meal plans above, we’re pleased to provide you with a free meal planning template perfect for creating your own custom meal plans. Select from the following two options:
• Meal plan template PDF

• Meal plan template EXCEL

To learn more about meal planning, please check out my FREE Video Course: Mastering Meal PlanningMy hope is that this will be a great resource
 and encouragement for you whether you’re just getting started with meal planning, or are a seasoned expert.

Always a treat to share healthy meals with you! Let’s give thanks to the Lord for providing us the opportunity to nourish our families in this way!

Joyfully Serving HIM, Kelly at The Nourishing Home

Comments

1. Amy says

I am beyond thrilled that you will be sharing Prep Day tips directions! I read your article on another blog of how you did a 2-3 hour prep day and chopped veggies, baked granola bars, marinated meats, etc. and I was awe struck! I just haven’t learned how to look through my menu and figure out all the things I can do ahead to make life easier during the week. I was going to email you and beg you to do this for each menu plan you put out there for us. And now, you have! Woot! Thank you bunches!

And not to be outshadowed, but I love the recipe hyper links idea too, that will make life so much easier!

Thank you for all you do!
    Amy

2. Terri says

Oh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new format. Thank you! And the idea of prep day instructions is just wonderful. My weekdays are so busy. I appreciate you sharing your talents in such a wonderful way. God bless! Terri

3. LindaL says

Thank you for sharing this – it is so helpful! I’m one of those who just go blank when trying to make a menu, but having one to start with makes it work! I’m already a subscriber to the newsletter – how do I access the shopping list and prep chart? Thanks!

Thanks, Linda, for your kind words. As a subscriber, you’ll be getting an email this afternoon (Jan 4) with details on downloading the shopping list and prep day chart. Apologies for the delay, it is on it’s way. Thank you! :) Kelly

4. Samantha Carpenter says

You are such a blessing to my family. I do mot always use your meal plan but it has always been a blessing when I did. So many people want to charge for their help. I am a one family income and I struggle with planning. So you, sister in Christ, have been so much help. Please continue to bless others. Your work and help is fantastic.

Hi, Josette, as a subscriber, you’ll be getting an email this afternoon (Jan 4) with details on downloading the shopping list and prep day chart. Apologies for the delay, it is on it’s way. Thank you! :) Kelly

Ekela, once you subscribe, you’ll receive a welcome email called “Your Gift Has Arrived.” Details about downloading the new shopping list and prep day chart are in that email. If you did subscribe, please check your spam folder to see if the email was misdirected. Thank you! :) Kelly

5. Jenn says

This is an area I struggle with so much! Growing up, we always ate dinner out. I never learned to meal plan, cook, shop, etc. I am absolutely in over my head with 4 hungry kids and a husband who is tired of the 4 meals I know how to prepare. Thank you so much!!!

6. Amiee says

This is fabulous! I just subscribed and am excited to get started.
    One question…How many people do most of our recipes feed, on average? I notice that you often say “save chicken for Thursday’s lunch” and do a lot of cooking once, eating twice. We have a family of seven and rarely have any leftovers, but doubling is usually too much if a recipe feeds six-eight people.

Hi, Amiee. That’s a great question. I need to make a note of that on next time’s meal plan. The recipes on my site are generally created to serve a family of 4. Of course, this really varies. If it’s a family of four that includes two teenage boys, then it might as well be a family of 7. LOL! And you’re right, I do a lot of doubling so I will have leftovers. So if a recipe calls for 1 lb of meat and you’re feeding 7 – you may want to increase the recipe by half and that will cover you. But if you’re going to want leftovers so you don’t have to keep repeating the same steps, then you should double or triple recipes depending on your plans for repurposing the leftovers. I hope this helps. Thanks again for the great question! Blessings, Kelly

Thank you Kelly for all the hard work that goes into these! I am a “fly by the seat of my pants” sort of meal planner, lol. I do dble batches and freeze extras when I remember. The shopping lists and prep planner are going to be such a great help!! Is there any way I can open an inderlined link in a new tab/web page vs having to go back and forth to the mealplan page? thx!

Hi, friend. I don’t know about that one – I am much better with a spatula than I am figuring out technical computer things. LOL! But I am pretty sure that if you save the pdf document to your computer and click from your computer rather than having it open via the website, that is should open a new window. Appreciate your kinds words! Blessings, Kelly :)

Jaci. You should have received an email newsletter from me on Saturday. It contains the shopping list and prep day tasks chart. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox, as that may be the issue. Blessings, Kelly

8. Maryann says

Kelly,

Thank you so much for doing this! I just found your site and I couldn’t be happier, I did just sign up for the weekly meal plan, but am I missing the shopping list somewhere? I want to get us started on this right away.

Thank you again!

Hi, MaryAnn. Once you confirm your subscription to The Nourishing Home, you’ll receive a welcome email called “Thank You Gifts.” Details about downloading the new shopping list and prep day chart are in that email. If you confirmed your subscription and are still not seeing the “Thank You Gifts” email, please check your spam folder to see if the email was misdirected, as that seems to be a common issue. Thank you! :) Kelly