Flavorful no-fuss dinners are a great way to get a healthy meal on the table during busy weeknights, which is why they regularly appear in my weekly meal plans.
This simply delicious roast chicken is a perfect example of a healthy no-fuss meal. It tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen, but the truth is, it takes just minutes to prep and is ready to serve in 30 minutes!
The secret? Roasting a few simple, yet delicious ingredients at high heat produces an intensely flavorful meal that tastes like it slow-cooked all day.
I love simple, yet scrumptious dinners like this one – just toss all of the ingredients together until well coated and bake. For easier clean-up, line your baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
P.S. Be sure to squeeze a couple of the roasted lemon wedges over the roasted chicken before serving for an extra burst of lemony-goodness!
Garlic Lemon Roast Chicken
2 skin-on chicken breasts with ribs (about 2 lbs)
3 lemons, quartered
1 Tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
Sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Carefully cut each chicken breast in half to form four servings.
2. In a large mixing bowl, squeeze the juice from 3 lemon wedges to obtain one tablespoon of lemon juice. Add the olive oil and thyme. Whisk well to combine.
3. Add the remaining lemon wedges, garlic cloves, and chicken breasts to the bowl. Gently toss all ingredients together until chicken is well coated.
4. On a 12x17-inch rimmed baking sheet, place the chicken breasts skin side up. Scatter the garlic cloves and lemon wedges on and around the chicken. Drizzle chicken with the olive oil mixture. Then season chicken with salt and pepper.
5. Roast chicken, until golden and cooked through, about 30 minutes. (Juices should run clear when pierced with a fork.) Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and your favorite green veggie!