This Thursday we will be discussing chapters 11-12 of Hoodwinked: Ten Myths Moms Believe and Why We All Need to Knock It Off.
We will cover this myth of motherhood:
My Child’s Bad Choice Means I’m a Bad Mom
Here is the reading schedule:
Below are this week’s questions. But remember, don’t answer them on this post. We will take your answers and have the discussion on Thursday. They are just posted here so you can be thinking about them as you read.
Questions for Chapter 11
- Have you experienced a time where you thought your child’s bad choice made you a bad mom?
- How can we learn from the stories of Job and Eli? Feel free to touch on something Karen mentioned, or maybe your own insights from these Biblical characters.
- How have your kids seen prayer answered in your life and in your family? How has this grown their faith?
Questions for Chapter 12
- Ruth shares her life verse in this chapter, John 3:30. What is your life verse?
- As you look back on the stories, quotes and biblical examples highlighted in Hoodwinked, which changed your thinking the most?
- Within our book club here, which mom encouraged you with something she shared?
Looking forward to discussing with you Thursday! See you then!