Your marriage is one of the most important relationships you have! Unfortunately, being intentional about investing into marriage can be a challenge as each day keeps us busy with errands, kids, housework and more.
I understand what it feels like to run on exhaustion.
I know the frustrations that build up from doing so much, yet feeling like the to-do list is never-ending.
I experience the demands of life, often times forcing me to look every where else but my marriage.
However, I also know that if my marriage suffers, everything else in my life is negatively affected. It is crucial that I make time to nurture the gift of marriage I have been given. And it is crucial that you also nurture your gift of marriage! I hope that this short list inspires you with hopefulness as these simple tricks to spice up your marriage are just that...simple! These are the ways you can invest into your marriage without it feeling like a burden and without it requiring too much from you. They will also definitely bless your husband.
18 Simple Tricks To Spice Up Your Marriage
1. Surprise your husband with a simple date night, so when he gets home from work you two can enjoy an intimate conversation over dinner.
2. Randomly stop and kiss your husband passionately. It doesn’t need to lead to anything else, but if it does go with it!
3. Before you go to bed offer a quick foot massage or back rub to relieve his tension from the day.
4. Send your husband a text letting him know why you love him with one thing that you appreciate him for.
5. Pillow talk! Spend time reminiscing over some of your favorite moments together.
6. Change up the way you say good-bye in the morning. Before your husband leaves for work whisper in his ear that you can’t wait for him to come home. If he is not use to you doing this it will keep him thinking about you all day.
7. Schedule time together that both of you can prepare and plan for.
8. Leave a little note for your husband somewhere for him to see during the day that reminds your husband that you are eager to be with him. Let him know he is wanted!
9. You are never too old to play. Initiate a tickle fight or a fun game of keep away, where the goal is to laugh together.
10. When you get ready for bed, ditch the sweats and ask your husband what he would prefer you to sleep in!
11. Adjust your perspective on marriage, especially in those moments of frustrations where you are consumed with what your husband is not doing right. Remind your heart of your husband’s good!
12. If you and your husband use social media, post a picture of your husband, tag him and brag about him. The public affirmation may bring a smile to his face.
13. Be spontaneous with your husband. Take a day off to just enjoy each other’s company.
14. Enjoy a date in the shower together. This will provide some great connection where no phones or televisions are allowed! Being vulnerable with your bodies will be a perfect way to cultivate intimacy in your marriage.
15. Plan a date where your kids can come along. Be intentional about treating it as a date, but be flexible with distractions, knowing your kids are learning about marriage from your positive responses to each other.
16. Sleep in together, even if you are a morning person. Relish in those moments you spend snuggled in bed, a perfect place to feel the closest to your man.
17. Take a brief moment to make eye contact with your husband. So much of your time can be divided, but let him know he has your heart by making sweet eye contact.
18. Be quick to say yes! If your husband initiate intimacy respond joyfully before an excuse ever reaches your lips.
I hope these simple tricks encourage you to add a little spice to your marriage today.
Try one or try all of them!
- Jennifer Smith Unveiledwife.com
Words can't express how thankful I am for each of you who have joined us on this journey for the past two years. I am overwhelmed by the thousands of women that come here every single day to share life and learn together!! While we may not be perfect (or even close to it), we desire to be better - for our families, for the world, and for our great God and Savior! Thank you for joining me in this movement as we raise children who will impact the world, take care of our homes, love our husbands, and ultimately honor God with our lives! ~Blessings, Ruth Schwenk