During the holidays it can be hard to focus on what really matters.
Before Thanksgiving some of us start planning our Black Friday shopping, which now can begin on Thanksgiving night. And am I the only mother who has made the mistake of focusing more on what foods she’s preparing instead of the family for whom she’s cooking?
Then there’s Christmas; we might have every intention of celebrating Advent all month with the kids, but that can get overlooked when December hits full force. Our imagined peaceful nights by the fire turn into Christmas parties, Christmas shopping, Christmas programs and Christmas baking.
Jessica from Life As Mom addresses these tendencies in her holiday ebook: A Simpler Season. Jessica’s book walks us through how to make this holiday season a relaxing and enjoyable few months. Her book includes:
- creative ideas for celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s
- over 150 pages of content: ideas, recipes, and inspiration for planning a special holiday season with your family
- 70+ printable pages: calendars, to do sheets, inventories, and planning pages
- games and activities to do with the kids
- 24+ family activity cards to print and do over the month of December
- printable recipe and gift cards to help you make edible gifts
- a variety of family devotional ideas to explore with your family
- a list of children’s books to enjoy as well as extension activities to do with your children after the reading
- family-friendly recipes for the each of the winter holidays
- questions to get you thinking about how you really want to spend your time this year
- easy downloadable format in pdf or on kindle
- Meals ePlanner by Jennifer @ List Plan It ($5.00)
- 40 Real Food Weekly Menu Plan Ideas Packet by Laura @ Heavenly Homemakers ($5.00)
- Personal ePlanner by Jennifer @ List Plan It ($5.00)
- One Bite at a Time by Tsh @ Simple Mom ($5.00)
- 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life by Crystal @ Money Saving Mom ($4.99)