Believe me; I completely understand the hustle and bustle of being a woman in today’s society! The season of life I am in now is very fast paced. I am a working mom, my hubby and I both teach and coach, and we have a one year old! I have many things on my “To Do” and if I do not plan those out, they won’t get accomplished. So, here are my tips on how to Pursue Pleasing God as a busy wife and mother.
1. Straighten Your Priorities: Leading a rushed way of life makes it very easy to dwell on everything the day asks of us. Being the woman of the house is tough more days than none. It is so easy to get caught up in all of the excitement. I once heard a preacher say that you must list your priorities as He, We, Me. Once God is the first priority and we think of ourselves less, everything else seems to fall into place.
2. Seek Him: Don’t just make the Lord another monotonous chore that you have on your list for the day. God longs for you to love him more than you love anyone or anything else! Change your view of talking with him from something you know you should do, to something you cannot wait to do. Get in a routine or set a reminder to spend time with Him, even if you steal a minute while folding laundry, driving home from work, or cooking breakfast.
3. Be Genuine: We live in a world that encourages us to form opinions based on what is on the outside instead what we consist of. Please remember, who you are at home is who you really are. Don’t put up a façade just to please the other soccer moms, PTA members, or Sunday school teachers. When the rubber meets the road, God’s judgment is the only one that matters. He will know if your intentions are true, or just for show. Strive to be the woman God wants you to be within the confines of your home, it will eventually spill out to those around you.
4. Put On Your God Goggles: They say you end up being like the 5 people you spend time with the most. I believe this to be true with not just people, but things as well. We live in such tech savvy times that we can have almost everything delivered, emailed, downloaded, and blue-toothed within minutes. It is so very easy to relax at the end of a long day by watching television or movies, surfing the internet, and yes…being glued to our phones! What we put in our minds will eventually affect our thinking, just like the food we eat can change our bodies. Put your God goggles on and reevaluate what you are surrounding yourself with.
5. Love Others: Our goal as Christian women should be to let our lights shine. Show others just how great it is to be a child of God. You are watched whether your know it or not. Your demeanor can bring others to Him or push them away. Make people want to know why you are so happy, calm, or gentle. The little things are what make a big difference! Send an uplifting text to someone hurting, smile at the stranger next to you at the grocery store, or open the door for someone at the mall. Your kindness can make someone’s day brighter without you even realizing! Loving others not only pleases God, it also teaches our children. Lead by example and sow some love into every seed that’s present in your life.
“Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” 1 John 4:8
We are happy to have Jessica L. McLain as a guest today. Here is a a little about Jessica:
Jessica McLain is working wife and mother striving to be a Proverbs 31 Woman. She has a very lively blue eyed one year old and loves pictures, singing, sports, and blogging. You can follow her busy life and ministry at http://www.proverbsliving.org/
So now it is time to LINK-UP and join the party!!!!
*****We pin our favorite link-ups on The Better Mom’s Pinterest Board!!*****
Better Mom Mondays Link-up is every Monday!!! Every week we have hundreds of posts linked up here from so many beautiful women with beautiful things to share! I encourage you to visit their sites by clicking on the links and reading all of the fantastic ideas and insights! Also don’t forget to join the fun by adding your blog!! We request that if you join below -please add the Better Mom Mondays Link Up button to your post so your readers can find us here! (Posts can include the topics of mothering, marriage, homemaking, discipleship, recipes, organization and more!) You can find the html code in the sidebar, or “save as” copy, and paste the button below.