Devotional Diapers

Here is a simple and quick idea for a baby shower gift that new moms love. Devotional Diapers….since you know that new mamas barely have time to brush their teeth, let alone finding time to get in the Word!

This is all you need:

• newborn diapers
  • mailing labels
  • ribbon or raffia
  • a card that says “Devotional Diapers- for the mom with very little time!
  • several verses about love, patience, and even a few quotes on mothering (1 Corinthians 13, Psalm 17:7, Psalm 18:1, John 15:12-13, Galatians 2:20, Ephesians 3:17-19 are just a few to get you started)
Simply write out your verses out quotes and attach them to each diaper, wrap up, and give!

Combine this with a great book on mothering, like The Mission of Motherhood, and you have a simple, encouraging gift for a new mama!

What are your ideas for baby shower gifts?

Comments

What a lovely idea. I’m hosting a shower this weekend and I have extra diapers from a diaper cake I created, so now I’ll print out some verses and attach with a ribbon! Brilliant! Thanks!

• Joy says

I am a big fan of the Jesus Storybook Bible too! What a great idea to give as a baby gift. You always have such great ideas Amanda. :)

Cute, cute! Looove it! This past week I sent our college kids a “blessing” envelope with bible verses with their names inserted into them.
    For instance, my daughter’s said “You can do all things, Rebekah, through Christ who strengthens you.” or “I will never leave you, or forsake you, Rebekah.”
    Add a Starbucks gift card for an instant pick me up! ;)

3. Thekristiday4 says

Love this idea! My go to inexpensive baby shower gift is printing out the baby’s name and meaning and framing it :) This only works of course if they have a name! :)

I love this idea! I’m going to make one for my sister her baby shower is in 2 weeks. Might I suggest giving them some larger sized Devotion diapers too? It will be a little bit of a recharge when the baby’s a bit older. (If anyone wants they can print off some devotions from my free e-book, they’re designed to be quick devotions for new mamas)

5. Jamie Joseph says

This is so thoughtful and adorable! I like giving diapers because I know they are always needed but I never thought of this! I will have to do this from now on!

6. Cherircole says

I really like your ideas for the Scripture verses and how you put them together with the diapers.
    Our church is in the latter stages of planning a DIAPER DEPOT – 3rd Saturday of each month — giving diapers away to single moms or families that need them as a mission outreach of our church.
    Anything in addition that we can do to bring Christian books, verses, clothes, etc. in their hands we will do. It will be very interesting to see what GOD will do when we listen and partner with HIM.
    Cheri in NE